Friday, March 27, 2009

Historic!

Gal Nevo posted the second fastest time in NCAA history in the 400 IM tonight. And he needs to take some credit for the fact that the guy swimming next to him swam the fastest one. (Tyler Clary's time was actually better than the American record that was held by Michael Phelps.) That makes it a pretty historic night for NCAA swimming and Georgia Tech!

Of course, with the exception of Gal's swim, we were spectators tonight. As I said about the meet yesterday, it is great fun being here and we are seeing some amazing things, but we belong here. We earned our place as much as anyone else. Next year, I think you will see more of us actively participating to the fullest extent of our abilities. It didn't sit well to watch the 200 medley relay go off this evening without Yellow Jacket representation...

HOLY COW! I almost forgot! As I walked into the natatorium this evening, there was a lot of commotion and ominous looking men in dark suits milling about. George and Barbara Bush stopped by the meet! President Bush handed out the awards for the 400 medley relay! WE got our picture taken with the man! It was totally cool! I'll post the pic as soon as I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment